Throughout time, people needed the sense of belonging. Since ancient history, they gathered in tribes and later on, in communities splitted in active groups. This actions contributed to the best development of their society and, inherently, to their own growth as human beings. Thus, we learn that what we do together is has a stronger impact, on ourselves and also, in our society.
The Free Time Factory Community Center is aiming to contribute to the development of the individual and to the growth of the community. It aims to bring people together to live and share experiences, through their common hobbies and values. We start our activity from Ion Raţiu’s words Do something positive for your community and country. However modest or small the thing that you’re doing, do it daily.
- Facilitate space for leisure activities 6 activities: ping-pong, basketball, theater, dancing, drama.
- Create 3 partnerships and have 2 long-term projects, by 2019
- Organize group disscusions- minimun 1/month
- Facilitate participation to at least 4 educational workshops on different contemprorary topics/year
- To have at least 50 members involved in activities regarding Turda community, by 2019
- Direct: youths, adults and seniors from Turda and surroundings
- Indirect: Turda community
Activities: are drawn every month and every day by the members of the community and the team. The project aims to have:
- Active groups gatherings and meetings
- Group discussions
- Movie days
To be together with the community and actively involve in its life – this is the most important impact that The Free Time Factory has. It facilitates activities and games which bring people on the same page, promotes compassion and empathy for the other and rises the sense of belonging. People will be involved and share experiences within their culture, traditions and hobbies. The Free Time Factoy Community Center will be the place where people love to spend their free time and learn from it.
We are constituted so that simple acts of kindness, such as giving to charity or expressing gratitude, have a positive effect on our long-term moods. The key to the happy life, it seems, is the good life: a life with sustained relationships, challenging work, and connections to community.